The Story of My Birthday

by Vladimir, Russia

I was born in the capital of Azerbaijan, Baku. Baku is a very beautiful and big city. There are a lot of big buildings, wide streets, and charming parks. Baku is surrounded by the Caspian Sea, there is a beautiful view of the sea. The history of the city is very interesting. There are many parks, museums, theaters, ancient buildings and churches in the city.

My birthday is in the winter, on January thirteenth, 1937. When I was five years old, the Second World War just started. It was a long war. A lot of people lived poor. It was a difficult time.

There was not enough food. At that time people could not even buy bread. They received a limited amount of bread. The first birthday I remember was when I was twelve years old. All the family gathered together even guests were there. The celebration of my birthday was memorable. On my birthday came my school friends. It was in 1949.

In our country in this time it was difficult with food and clothes. Our family was big. We never quarreled for a long time. There are six people in my family. In the summer of 1995 my daughter Natali and her husband Aydin with their little girl Fidan arrived in the USA. They came to Providence, Rhode Island. Soon they had a son Alec. He is five years old now. In the year 2005 my wife and I came to Providence to help our daughter. My wife and I also have a son Sergey. My son lives in Russia Our son Sergey is thirty-six years old now. My wife and I like to live in the USA. The USA is a very beautiful country. We like how people live in the USA. We celebreated our birthdays in the USA twice. This is in 2006 and 2007. There are a lot of excellent and benevolent people living here.

Thanks a lot for a hearty acceptance.

To listen to this story read by Vladimir, click here.

No comments: