The Story of My Birthday

by Ludmila, Russia

My name is Ludmila. I am from Baku the capital of Azerbaijan. The history of Baku is very interesting. There are many parks, museums, theaters, and ancient buildings. Nature is beautiful in our area. In 1989 we were forced to move from Baku to Russia.

My birthday is in the summer, on August 17,1943. It's my favorite day of the year. Our family is very close. Our family is big. There are nine people in our family. I have a husband, a daughter, a son, a brother-in-law, a sister-in-law, a grandson, and two granddaughters. The name of my daughter is Natali. She and her husband Aydin, and their daughter Fidan and their son Alec live in Providence. The name of my son is Sergei. He and his wife Ann and their daughter Polina live in Russia.

We have many albums with family photos. We celebrate our birthdays together. I like to cook, to bind, and sew. I like to cook some of my favorite foods. Today was special because I like it when we are together. We never quarrel. I like it when we are together, sitting at the table, drinking tea and watching T.V. That is so wonderful!

To listen to this story read by Ludmila, click here.


No comments: