Juan's Birthday

by Juan, Colombia

My birthday is on October first. I was born in 1960. My birthday is the same every year, because in my family there are four brothers and a sister. For my parents, my sister was important; this sister is between the brothers. She was unique.

When she was younger the celebration games had a special balloon that had paper inside where it was hollow. Inside it had candies, streamers, little paper and money in bills. The game was to beat up the balloon with a stick. The eyes are covered for not seeing. The balloon was hanging from the ceiling. It was broken by the stick. This game is called "PINATA.”

At this party, we distributed cake, soda, food and liquor and we danced. In my house on this day the dinner was special with soda and cakes with candles.

To listen to this story read by Juan, click here.

No comments: