My 60th Birthday

by Xi Tong, China

My birthday is October fourteenth. Last year I turned 60 years old. That birthday was special to begin, my daughter said, “Mom we will go to a restaurant and eat sea-food, is that ok with you?” ”Good idea!” I said. “So, you and my father will first go to my house, we will all go together to the restaurant,” she said.

That day my husband and I went together to my daughter’s house. My son-in low is named Matthew, he opened the door. “Come in please!” he said. I think – “Why?” Then I saw my husband and Matt laugh. I saw the living room had many balloons suddenly. They were red, white, blue, pink and yellow. They tied a colored ribbon, very beautiful.

At that moment appeared a lot of people, they were my friends oh they were my old friends, many people from China, many people are Americans. Oh they are my neighbor Lily, Mrs. Chen from Massachusetts (she is a singer), Laura Bell is my English teacher, she is 76 years old, she is very good teacher and my good friend. Lots people are Chinese they are from Beijing, Shanghai, Nanjing and Hong Kong. Deby is my American friend, now she is the company boss, she goes with me to learn Chinese, she went to Taiwan. Sometimes when we are together we talk in Chinese and English. Oh there were many children. They are Chinese but they are growing up in America, they speaking English very good, but some children don’t speak Chinese. My daughter arranged a lot of food. There was American food: bread, a salad, a sandwich, roast pork and fried fish. She baked a big cake I had seven candles on the cake. My friends altogether sang; happy birthday to you. Oh there were many flowers. I made a wish—that I will study English very good! This is very good party.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why did you have seven candles on the
cake when you turned 60?
When will your friend go China?

Elena