Birthday Stories with My Family

by Francisca, Cape Verde

My birthday is October eleventh. Here every year it is special because I celebrate with my family.

I always like my Birthday stories so much, but not a big celebration. I like a small one. In America it is a little different from Cape Verde. Sometimes over there, there isn't celebration.

I don't like parties because I'm very shy. I prefer a private birthday with my family: my husband and my children. I enjoyed all of them. My husband and my children give me love, flowers, presents and cake with candles to blow out. Sometimes I take the day off we go to a restaurant. Each year my husband prepares a different surprise. Finally I pray and I say "God Bless you" for this day.

My son's birthday is September 30th. He has celebrated 4 birthdays together with his family. This day in the morning usually I give him big hug, because I am very happy to watch my son grow up. I spend a long time preparing. I invite his cousin to celebrate with us. We go to my sister's house, it is beautiful and she is the owner. My apartment is small. I buy a birthday cake with candles to blow out for him, present, flowers with balloons. I cook food and than we celebrate and we have a lot of fun.

To listen to this story read by Francisca, click here.

No comments: