Birthday Stories

by Xi Ting, Taiwan

The birthday is a very joyful day. Most people love their birthday, because everyone can eat delicious cake, accept presents and have a party.

When my 24-year-old birthday arrived, my boyfriend gave me a ring as my birthday gift. I was very happy and pleasantly surprised. I thought that he made an offer of marriage to me. Finally, he said that he was falling love with another girl. I was very shocked at that time. I asked him why did you give me a ring? He said it was just a gift and for the end of our relationship. I said "Oh, my god." I was really sad and depressed. I thought that birthday was really an unforgettable memory in my life.

But now I married. I feel I am very happy, my husband loves me very much. Last year my husband worked in the U.S.A, I still stayed in Taiwan. I thought that I will have a lonely birthday, but my husband came back to Taiwan just for my birthday. That was a big surprise. My husband come back to see me, that was a perfect gift for me.

No comments: